Climpson and Sons - Single Origin: Finca El Amate, CoE, Guatemala
Sorry, this product is not available
If you would like to find out more, please contact us
Getting product details...
The Ventura FamilyGrowing coffee has been a family tradition that began in 1894 and has been passed on from generation to generation. The passion and commitment for coffee has been passed on to Gaby, the newest generation of the Ventura family. The Ventura Family’s coffee farm is in close proximity to Guatemala City, their coffee farm a very luxurious piece of real estate and have a lot of social pressures to sell their property to developers. Yet they continue on! Their goal is to share their coffee all over the world and be recognised for their quality. Equally coffee farming represents an important revenue stream not only to the Ventura family, but also their workers, their families and supporters.
In the past the farm liaised with Illy Café, working predominantly with commodity grade coffee. Gaby and her family wanted to focus all of their attention to specialty coffee and get her farm known for quality, so she submitted a few samples in previous years to the Cup of Excellence. Since then they have never looked back, this year making it to the international round.
The Ventura family are considered model farmers. Over the last few years, the focus on the farm has been technical using a systematic and scientific approach to cultivating coffee. For example they have a 1 acre lot of Caturra where they experiment with different pruning techniques from "Rock N Roll" to the Edward Scissorhands to measure the quality of production. From the lot they evaluate the best quality, and choose to propagate that seed through the rest of the farm.
Current ApproachThey count on a team of professionals that are permanent on the farm. Together they are experienced in experimenting in the various areas of the field, processing to sales.
- Hand-picked crop by qualified pickers.
- Process is in house at their own wet mill guaranteeing origin and quality.
- Sun dried on patio’s that are constantly monitored and with constant humidity checks to every lot.
- Part of the farm has a forest which has a large variety of flowers and birds typical of the area. This helps in protecting the environment and generates the appropriate climate for coffee.
- There are many internal projects on the farm to protect the environment, such as the cultivation of Red coqueta Roja to produce a natural fertilization and promote reforestation efforts.
- Only EPA approved agrochemicals are utilized in the farm, and are applied according to recommendations.
- Fertilizers are applied based on a detailed soil and foliage analysis in order to apply the appropriate type at the appropriate time according to the needs of each individual plant.
- They support a lot of the neighbouring community
Great for: Aeropress, Cafetiere, Filter
Origin: Central America/Guatemala - Fraijanes
Owner: The Ventura Family
Process Method: Washed
Tasting Notes: Brandy snap, toffee, vanilla, apple acidity, clean and balanced mouthfeel, menthol
Varietals: Catuai and Caturra
Roasterr: Climpson and Sons
Climpson and Sons does not deliver to United Kingdom
Initial collection: Climpson & Sons - London
|e.g. Espresso||18g||Vario 1E||25secs||30ml||A bit finer next time would be better.|