Rinaldos Coffee - Organic Decaf - Brazil: Fazenda Londrina - Sparkling Water Process
Getting product details...
In line with Brazilian law, 20% of the land at Fazenda Londrina is given over to a nature reserve where indigenous plants provide a habitat for wildlife. This coupled with the social standards which have been established for the people that work the land, has led to Rainforest Alliance certification for the farm.
SPARKLING WATER DECAFFEINATION PROCESS
This process was first discovered by a scientist called Kurt Zosel at the Max Planck Institute for Coal Research in 1967 as he was looking at new ways of separating mixtures of substances. In 1988, a German decaffeination company called CR3 developed this process for decaffeination whereby natural carbon dioxide (which comes from prehistoric underground lakes) is combined with water to create ‘sub-critical’ conditions which creates a highly solvent substance for caffeine in coffee. It is a gentle, natural and organically certified process and the good caffeine selectivity of the carbon dioxide guarantees a high retention level of other coffee components which contribute to taste and aroma.
The process is outlined below:
1. The green beans enter a ‘pre-treatment’ vessel where they are cleaned and moistened with water before being brought into contact with pressurised liquid carbon dioxide. When the green coffee beans absorb the water, they expand and the pores are opened resulting in the caffeine molecules becoming mobile.
2. After the water has been added, the beans are then brought into contact with the pressurised liquid carbon dioxide which combines with the water to essentially form sparkling water. The carbon dioxide circulates through the beans and acts like a magnet, drawing out the mobile caffeine molecules.
3. The sparkling water then enters an evaporator which precipitates the caffeine rich carbon dioxide out of the water. The now caffeine free water is pumped back into the vessel for a new cycle.
4. This cycle is repeated until the required residual caffeine level is reached. Once this has happened, the circulation of carbon dioxide is stopped and the green beans are discharged into a drier.
5. The decaffeinated coffee is then gently dried until it reaches its original moisture content, after which it is ready for roasting.
Origin: South America/Brazil
When do we roast and post your coffee?
We usually roast Tuesday and Thursday and post on the same day
Delivery prices to United Kingdom
Product collection: All the coffee, 145
Product collection: Best coffee for an Aeropress, 124
Assign Related collection: Best coffee for an Aeropress
Product collection: Coffee that's good with milk, 107
Product collection: Coffee that's great as an espresso, 130
Product collection: Coffee that's great in a Cafetiere, 136
Product collection: Coffee that's great in a filter, 113
Product collection: Decaffeinated coffees, 55
Product collection: Most popular, 153
Product collection: New arrivals, 153
Product collection: Rinaldo's Coffee - Kendal, Cumbria, 7
Similar coffees from
Hint: click one of the three different views
Tags: Aeropress, Brazil, Cafetiere, Espresso, Filter, Natural (Dry), Outpost Coffee Roasters, Product, South America, Special, With milk
Tags: Aeropress, Cafetiere, Central America, Colombia, Espresso, Filter, Outpost Coffee Roasters, Product, Washed, With milk
Tags: Aeropress, Africa, Cafetiere, Clifton Coffee, Espresso, Filter, Product, Rwanda, Washed, With milk
Outpost Coffee Roasters - Sitio Capoeira, Natural, Jeriquara, Brazil - 350g Bag
From Outpost Coffee Roasters: Look for flavours of strawberry, ripe pineapple and coconut. Sitio Capoeira is a family-run farm owned by Fernandes & Jose Malta. Fernandes’ family have a long history in coffee production going back generations. Today the farm comprises over 100ha of coffee with a focus on high...
Tags: Aeropress, Brazil, Cafetiere, Espresso, Filter, Natural (Dry), Outpost Coffee Roasters, South America, Special, With milk
Outpost Coffee Roasters - San Roman By Ermeldo Bahamon, Tello, Colombia - 350g Bag
From Outpost Coffee Roasters: Look for tastes of Lychee, Passionfruit, Mango Syrup. Ermeldo's farm, San Román is located about 40 minutes east of Neiva, where he and his family produce their stand out coffee on around 19 hectares of coffee growing lushness. The five family members do everything themselves, including...
Tags: Aeropress, Cafetiere, Central America, Colombia, Espresso, Filter, Outpost Coffee Roasters, Washed, With milk
Clifton Coffee - Rwanda - Buf Peaberry - Washed
From Clifton Coffee: A bright and beautiful coffee from Rwanda. With an intense honeysuckle aroma and flavours of black cherry, pomegranate and a honey sweetness. It has a medium, smooth body with complex acidity and delicate florals on the finish. This coffee makes a great fruity filter and works well...
Tags: Aeropress, Africa, Cafetiere, Clifton Coffee, Espresso, Filter, Rwanda, Washed, With milk
|e.g. Espresso||18g||Vario 1E||25secs||30ml||A bit finer next time would be better.|