The Coffee Roasters #RoastInThePost competition
by Lloyd Burgess — 07 May 2019
Terms and conditions
Please read these terms carefully before entering the competition. Entering the competition constitutes an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
About the business
The promoter of this Competition is The Coffee Roasters - a Sole Trader. The registered address is 4 Luther Mews, Brighton, BN2 9YR
Who can enter
The Competition is open to any resident of the United Kingdom over 18 years of age.
- The Competition is closed to employees of The Coffee Roasters and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the Competition
- Automated or bulk entries from third parties will be disqualified
- We reserve the right to exclude serial competition entrants who have entered more than 4 competitions in the last month
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition
- Existing subscribers may enter and can offset the prize against their existing subscription should they so wish
Dates of competition
The Competition opens 9:00am BST on Monday 27th May 2019 and closes at 11:59pm BST on Sunday 9th June 2019.
Entrants can enter at any point between these dates.
How to enter
To successfully enter the competition entrants will need to perform all of the following 3 actions on Twitter:
- Follow The Coffee Roasters
- Like a competition Tweet
- Retweet a competition Tweet
and / or perform both of the following 2 actions on Facebook:
- Like a competition post
- Comment on a competition post with their favourite mode of brewing coffee at home
Entrants can only enter the Competition once, but can like, comment, tweet and RT as many times as they like.
How will the winner be selected & announced
- The winner will be selected at random from the list of entrants
- The competition closes at midnight on Sunday 9th June. The winner will be announced on Twitter and Facebook and the winner notified by private message by midnight Monday 10th June. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner
Details of the prizes
- First prize is twelve x 250g bags of coffee delivered through The Coffee Roaster’s personalised coffee subscription service (worth £102). This is equivalent to a year’s free subscription at one 250g bag per month.
- The winner can change the frequency of delivery, however the prize is limited to twelve x 250g bags
- The prizes are as stated and they cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services, unless specifically agreed in writing by The Coffee Roasters
- The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted by the winner
- The Coffee Roasters reserve the right to use the voice, image, photograph, name and likeness of the winners for publicity and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice to the winners. In entering the Competition, all participants consent to such use of their voice, image, photograph, name and likeness.
- Copyright of any material produced as part of the competition is owned by The Coffee Roasters and/or its content suppliers.
- Unauthorised use of the material produced as part of this competition, including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written consent of The Coffee Roasters or, where applicable, the respective competition entrant is prohibited.
- Where you are able to submit any contribution to this competition you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant The Coffee Roasters a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant The Coffee Roasters the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to The Coffee Roasters
- By submitting your contribution to The Coffee Roasters you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to The Coffee Roasters for any or all of the purposes specified above. Furthermore, you warrant your contribution is not defamatory, does not infringe any law, you indemnify The Coffee Roasters against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by The Coffee Roasters as a result of your breach of the above warranty and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
- You consent to your first name, photograph and social media handles about you being disclosed on The Coffee Roasters digital channels or other media if you win any Prizes under the Competition
- By entering the Competition, you agree that The Coffee Roasters may contact you in relation to the Competition.
Absolving responsibility of the social platforms
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook or any other social network.
General liability cover
The Coffee Roasters do not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the competition.
Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, The Coffee Roasters and its associated companies and agents and distributors exclude responsibility and all liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising from:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Competition;
- any changes to, supply of or use of the Prize; and
- any act or default of any supplier, which are beyond The Coffee Roasters reasonable control
The Coffee Roasters does not accept responsibility for any liability arising from technical incompatibility, problems relating to the internet, or technical difficulties of any kind and no responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The Coffee Roasters shall not be liable, whether in tort, contract, misrepresentation or otherwise for loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of use, loss or corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
You agree to indemnify The Coffee Roasters against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of your agreement with The Coffee Roasters.
We reserve the right to change the Competition rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If we do so, we will always have the most up to date terms and conditions on the Website and in the case of a discrepancy between these terms and conditions and those on the Website, the Website terms and conditions will apply.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.